Wherever the words “MAGNA”, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” are used, they refer to MAGNA, občianske združenie, a civil association established at Štefánikova 19, 811 05 Bratislava, Slovak Republic and registered with the Ministry of Interior on 14 May 2001, File No VVS/1-900/90-18491.
“Controller” means a particular entity, in this case MAGNA, which determines the purpose for processing Personal Data.
“Processor” means, in this case, an entity other than the Controller which processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller.
“GDPR” means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
“Portal” means the MAGNA humanitarian organisation’s web portal at www.magna.sk. The Portal includes all and any part of the website, its sub-pages, their content, source and machine codes as it is at any time available and operated on the aforesaid domain.
MAGNA processes your Personal Data in compliance with the GDPR and Act 18/2018 Coll. on protection of personal data and on the amendment of certain laws.
1. What Personal Data and other data do we collect about you?
- Data you provide us or we collect from your actions:
Personal data you provide us when
a) you opt on the Portal to complete any of the forms for subscribing to the newsletter – receiving direct marketing reports (e-mail address);
b) you fill in your details in the registration form for establishment of a user account and send this information (full name or surname, e-mail address, telephone number);
c) you donate any amount (amount of gift, account number if you pay by bank transfer, telephone number if you donate by SMS);
d) you decide to contact us through e-mail.
The Personal Data you provide us are disclosed on a voluntary basis and you are obliged to consider how much Personal Data you wish to disclose. Unless you provide some Personal Data, MAGNA cannot respond to your initiative or request, nor can it conclude any agreement with you about registration of a user account.
You are responsible for the accuracy, completeness and truthfulness of the Personal Data you provide and MAGNA will rely on the accuracy, completeness and truthfulness of such Personal Data. MAGNA is not liable for any damage caused to you or any third party in connection with the disclosure of incorrect, incomplete or false Personal Data.
- Data we collect from your use of the Portal
MAGNA may also collect data that make it possible for you to be identified indirectly. This primarily concerns the following data:
a) Data logs that constitute data and information our servers automatically store whenever you access the Portal (especially IP address, access time, data about hardware and software you are using, number of clicks, pages you see, order and length of time you spend at sites and other information);
b) Information collected from cookies and other programs for monitoring users, including cookies and monitoring programs belonging to our partners and social network operators;
c) Information we obtain through social plug-ins operated by third parties, such as Facebook Like Button and similar sites.
The above data alone do not make it possible to identify a particular living natural person. They become Personal Data at the moment when we assign it to a particular identified or identifiable living natural person, for instance, when sometimes using the Portal with a signed user account.
- How do we process your personal data?
- Fulfilling contractual obligations
MAGNA processes your Personal Data to the extent in which fields have been filled out by you on the registration form to create and maintain a user account, for the purpose of performance of the contract concluded between you and MAGNA when the user account was created, in compliance with the Terms and of fulfilment of individual commitments MAGNA makes in operating services through the Portal at a standard and quality established by MAGNA, of records kept by the contracting parties, of the handling of incentives, and of your other requirements and our obligations.
Unless you donate an amount anonymously, MAGNA will also process your Personal Data for the purpose of performance of the contract of gift agreed between you and MAGNA when the donation or gift was made and for the purpose of recording donations.
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data is, in this case, the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, in particular the contract of gift associated with the donation or gift that arises from the creation of a user account.
Your Personal Data will be processed and retained for the duration of your user account and for three (3) years subsequent to the termination thereof, for the purpose of defence against any claims you make. Personal data relating to your donation or gift will be processed by us for the period defined in laws of general application.
- Subscribing to the newsletter (reports direct marketing purposes)
MAGNA processes your Personal Data in the scope of your full name or surname and your email address for the purpose of forwarding newsletters thereto (communicating reports for direct marketing purposes) in order for us to provide you with news and up-to-date information about MAGNA products and projects.
We believe that when you fill in your email address in any of the contact forms on the Portal, it expresses your consent to receive newsletters (to be communicated direct marketing messages);
The legal basis for processing Personal Data is, in this case, our legitimate interest in direct marketing in order to offer you information and products that can be relevant and interesting for you.
Your Personal Data will be processed by us for this purpose until you unsubscribe from the newsletter (reports for direct marketing purposes).
- Providing, enhancing and optimising the Portal’s operation
MAGNA processes your Personal Data, including data collected from your use of the Portal specified above, for the purposes of providing, enhancing and optimising the Portal’s operation, to increase comfort when you use it, to provide technical support for the Portal, for analytical and statistical assessment of Portal use, for profiling, identifying and preventing misuse of the Portal (including to prevent fraud, security incidents and other similar activities), risk assessment and to fulfil legal obligations.
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data is, in this case, our legitimate interest in assuring proper operation of the Portal and the optimisation of its functionality, as well as the performance of the contract that arises from the creation of a user account.
Your Personal Data will be processed for the duration of your user account and for three (3) years subsequent to the termination thereof, for the purpose of defence against any claims you make.
You can prevent such processing by changing your browser settings to prohibit the use and storage of cookies on your device. However, some features of the Portal may then not work properly.
You can also remove cookies stored on your device. You can also opt to browse our Portal in private mode, which limits the scope of data stored by cookies. You can find more information about using cookies here.
- Responding to questions, requests and queries
MAGNA processes your Personal Data in the scope of your full name or surname; email address, telephone number and, where applicable, any other information you decide to communicate via the questionnaire or e-mail for the purposes of contacting you, as well as to handle your questions, requests or queries and to perform other activities related thereto.
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data is, in this case, our legitimate interest in assuring MAGNA’s regular activities and providing donor assistance and support.
Your Personal Data will be processed for the period necessary to answer your question, request or query, or if any other action will be taken in connection with your question, request or query, but for no longer than three (3) years.
- Handling applications for the exercise by data subjects of rights under the GDPR
MAGNA processes your Personal Data in the scope of your full name or surname; email address and, where applicable, any other information you decide to communicate via the questionnaire or e-mail for the purposes of examination, assessment, taking of action, handling and informing you about how your application for the exercise of certain rights provided in Articles 16-22 of the GDPR is being handled.
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data is, in this case, for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Your Personal Data will be processed in this case and retained for ten (10) years from the date when the application is received.
- To whom do we make your Personal Data available?
MAGNA makes your Personal Data available in the following cases:
- Where MAGNA is obliged to do so by applicable law, in particular at the request of law enforcement agencies, courts, other public authorities and other authorised persons;
- Where it is necessary to fulfil our obligations and ensure our legitimate interests, especially to our attorneys, consultants, auditors, IT service providers, marketing and advertising agencies and the like.
None of your processed personal data will be transmitted outside of the European Economic Area.
- What are your rights relative to the protection of Personal Data?
As a data subject, you have the following rights in regard to processed Personal Data.
- Right of access to data
You have the right to request from MAGNA confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data are being processed and to have access to these Personal Data (MAGNA may charge for repeatedly making Personal Data available) and information about
- the purposes of processing Personal Data;
- the categories of Personal Data;
- identification of the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations, if possible;
- the period for which Personal Data will be stored or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the right to request from MAGNA rectification or erasure of Personal Data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
- the right to proceedings for the protection of Personal Data;
- the source of Personal Data, if the Personal Data was not collected by us;
- the existence of automated, individual decision-making, including profiling, especially information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing of Personal Data for the data subject.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to request from MAGNA without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you and, taking into account the purpose of processing Personal Data, also the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to request from MAGNA the erasure of Personal Data concerning you in any of the following cases:
- The Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You have withdrawn consent to the processing of Personal Data and there is no other legal ground for the processing thereof;
- You object to the processing thereof;
- Your Personal Data have been unlawfully collected;
- There are grounds for deleting the obligation under the GDPR, a special regulation or an international treaty binding on the Slovak Republic; or
- The Personal Data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Art. 8 (1) of the GDPR (offer of information society services to a child).
- Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request from MAGNA the restriction of processing of your Personal Data in any of the following cases:
- You are contesting the accuracy of the Personal Data, for a period enabling MAGNA to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data;
- The processing of the Personal Data is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- MAGNA no longer needs the Personal Data for the purposes of processing it, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- You have objected to processing of your Personal Data pending verification by MAGNA whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- Right to portability of Personal Data
You have the right to request MAGNA to provide you with Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to request MAGNA to transmit those Personal Data to another controller, but only in the case where the legal basis for the processing thereof is your consent or the performance of a contract, while the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your Personal Data, including profiling which is carried out on the legal basis of our legitimate interest. Based on your objection, we will evaluate whether, in the light of your particular situation, the protection of your legitimate interest, your rights and freedoms override ours in monitoring the processing of your Personal Data or if the legitimate reason is to establish, exercise or defend our legal claims.
You have the right to object to the processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to portability of Personal Data protection proceedings
You have the right to initiate personal data protection proceedings before the Office of Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic or another supervisory authority at your place of residence.
1. All Personal Data we collect and process are protected by appropriate technical means and security measures to prevent unauthorised access thereto and misuse thereof. We are constantly improving and implementing new administrative, technical and organisational measures to ensure adequate security of Personal Data.
2. Notwithstanding all the action we have taken, it is still important to keep in mind that neither data transmitted over the public Internet nor electronic data storage can be 100% secure.
3. Parts of the Portal may contain links to third-party websites which are not owned or operated by MAGNA. MAGNA has no control over these websites and services. These websites may use their own tools to collect information and data about you, including your Personal Data.
- Contact us