Work in the Field
MAGNA is always looking for new field workers. Our work is dependent on the determination, self-sacrifice and hard work of people who are a part of projects directly in the field. Countries suffering from extreme poverty, war and post-war traumas, HIV/AIDS, malnutrition or consequences of natural disasters become their workplaces, where they offer their skills and experience mostly for 6-12 months.
Life and work in the field can help you discover your hidden talent, it can inspire you and change your life. Your living conditions at the mission will often be very basic. You will have to follow the security instructions at all times. You will not be able do the activities you are used to at home – sport, theatre, cinema and others. You will cooperate with people from many countries, including local employees, who usually make up most of the team, so you will have to be able and willing to adapt to people from different cultures. You are in direct contact with the people you are helping, but sometimes you might not feel their thankfulness immediately. The project, country, region or the situation you will be working in can change unexpectedly. And so will your work. Therefore, flexibility and adaptability are the basic conditions for work in the field.
WHO DO WE NEED IN THE FIELD
- Mental health specialists
- Infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS, TBC specialists
- Administrators and financial controllers
- Technical logistics personnel (experts in construction, sanitation, electricity, etc.)
- General logistics staff
- Experienced field coordinators
Short-term humanitarian missions (min. 3-6 weeks)
- Surgical nurses
WHAT DO WE OFFER TO MAGNA FIELD WORKERS
- adequate financial remuneration
- per diem during assignment
- accommodation in the place of work
- expenses for travel to and from the mission
- vaccination expenses
- travel insurance (medical)
- possibility to see the results of your work directly
- work with an organization with years of experience, high level of expertise and strong international ties
- space for self-realization and personal development
- work in a very interesting environment with different cultural backgrounds
- logistics and security background of a stable organization
If you want to help and work with MAGNA as a fieldworkerd, please send your CV and motivation letter to our e-mail email@example.com (subject “MAGNA FIELD WORKER”). Please understand, it is not our ability to respond to each, we will only contact selected candidates and we will always choose from CVs not older than one year.
Shall you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Visit us in our Bratislava office, call +421 2 38 104 669 or send us an e-mail.